- New partners add intelligent use cases serving retail, commercial, hospitality, healthcare and municipal customers
- Current’s growing app catalog offers deeper domain expertise across wide possibilities to create new outcomes through digital energy infrastructure
San Francisco – November 16, 2016 – Building on its intelligent app offering for customers across a variety of commercial and industrial industries, Current, powered by GE (NYSE: GE) has added dozens of partners in recent months, more than tripling its digital partner ecosystem since June to reach nearly 60 total.
GE’s digital energy startup continues to build momentum in the intelligent environments space, adding 40 new partners to its broad application portfolio to meet customers’ unique needs. Along with its network of partners – whose expertise ranges from hospital wayfinding to office space management to retail layout optimization – Current is helping commercial and industrial customers optimize energy use and drive operational efficiency.
“We’re continuing to grow our partner network to offer customers a holistic portfolio as they add intelligence to infrastructure,” says John Gordon, Chief Digital Officer, Current, powered by GE. “Integrating sensors and software to energy systems, like LED lighting or onsite solar, allows companies to better understand and manage energy use while also unlocking possibilities for operational intelligence and new business outcomes. As more businesses move toward connected solutions, it is important that we work with partners to offer a range of ready-to-install applications.”
Current’s partner growth expands the applications that can be integrated into Predix*, GE’s software platform for the Industrial Internet.
“Predix is an open software platform built specifically for industrial applications,” Gordon said. “This is a key differentiator for GE and Current, and one of the reasons we’ve been able to integrate a robust portfolio of partners. And buildings are one of the most pervasive assets in the industrial world, making them a great place for every company to start their digital journey.”
Additions to the Current intelligent ecosystem include established entities like Plexure, Teem and PTV Group, which are integrating with Current to serve industries such as retail, office and transportation.
“Thanks to data provided by Current’s intelligent sensors, retailers are able to create customized messaging based on a shopper’s specific location,” said Scott Bradley, CEO of Plexure. “This precise location information is extremely valuable when creating highly focused customer engagement campaigns.” While retail is one of the most prominent settings for intelligent environments applications, it’s far from the only example.
Another partner, Teem (formerly EventBoard) has developed an application to get the most out of meeting spaces and cut down on employee frustrations. By integrating with occupancy sensors, Teem is able to cancel previously scheduled meetings if no one shows up for them. If the sensor indicates that a particular meeting has no attendees, the reservation is cleared for that time slot and the room shows up as available, so that other employees can book it for impromptu meetings.
In the outdoor space, PTV Group’s traffic and logistics software is helping cities across the globe to meet their sustainable development and economic growth goals. PTV Group’s Vice President, Miller Crockart, said, “Current’s Predix microservices provides efficient delivery of detailed real-time traffic conditions and incidence data and detection. This information is then input into our real-time predictive and adaptive traffic signal control solutions. This approach adds substantial value to our end customers and most importantly improves quality of life for commuters around the world.”
Current’s latest partner additions include:
- Aislelabs: Enterprise-grade location marketing & analytics platform to get granular real-time insights, e.g. demographics, heatmaps, walking paths, dwell time and footfall. Enables wayfinding, indoor navigation and visitor behavior understanding.
- Analytika: Leader in analytics for automation systems at scale. Offers deep expertise in energy and building systems.
- AssetWorks: Offers software that enables efficient asset management of complex networks of linear assets including roadways and utilities, and boundary-based assets like parks and buildings thanks to its Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solution.
- Azavea: Enables cities to optimally deploy their police officers to improve public safety with their innovative Hunchlab predictive policing solution.
- Cardinal Tracking: develops public safety and parking software for police departments, courts, private operators, municipalities, and colleges and universities.
- Cartegraph: Helps smart cities harness their operational data to gain insights on infrastructure performance, guide spending on capital improvement projects, and build a safe, sustainable asset network for their residents.
- Cityzenith: Offers the world’s leading data visualization and analytics platform for the Built Environment, Cityzenith 5D Smart World™, which helps AEC and real estate professionals connect, visualize, analyze, and manage their Smart City, Smart Campus, and Smart Building data.
- CountLogic: Accurate, real-time people counting enables lighting and HVAC energy savings, indoor traffic patterns and facility use insights
- CrowdComfort: Mobile platform that crowdsources occupant and building information to improve efficiencies such as incident reporting, preventative maintenance and analytics.
- iConnect: Cloud-based Point of Sale application helps businesses connect with customers via simple front end experience and sophisticated back end management.
- Instapio: An ambient intelligence engine building digital environments that are sensitive and responsive to people’s presence, needs, and preferences.
- iOffice: iOffice is the only 100% cloud-based IWMS designed to unleash the power of the workforce and the workplace.
- IPgallery: Provides holistic, converged IoT and City Data based, services and applications to CSPs, cities and governments including Resilient City, Smart City, Public Safety, Public Health, Citizen Engagement, Connected Cars, Parking and Smart Transportation.
- IPSens: Providing enterprise-level parking management infrastructures which include best-in-breed hardware and state of the art software solutions for 41 years.
- LogicJunction: Interactive wayfinding technology helps hospital patients, visitors and staff navigate facilities on their preferred device every step of the way.
- Lucid: Organizations use Lucid's BuildingOS data and analytics platform optimize the performance of their buildings and teams.
- Nologis: Enables retailers, hospital, airports and any company with venues visited by their customers, to connect the physical to the digital, providing visitors with data and services when and where they need it most. Experts in indoor positioning systems and services.
- Numerex: Provides technology and services through integrated platforms via a portfolio of managed end-to-end IoT solutions including smart devices, network connectivity and service applications.
- OpenDataSoft: Publish, share, and reuse Smart City, IoT and Open Data and empower your innovative ecosystem to create solutions that improve urban quality of life.
- Optimum Energy: Software and engineering expertise help customers reduce energy use in heating and cooling systems by up to 50%.
- Parkifi: Reduces parking challenges by tracking real-time parking availability as well as providing operators with valuable insights on parking trends. Now live in Denver.
- Parkopedia: Find, Reserve and Pay for parking all at the click of a button. Choose from 50M parking spots in 75+ countries.
- Plexure: Offers the ability to personalize and optimize transactions by connecting brands directly to consumers in-store, in real-time.
- PTV Group: Plans and optimizes everything that moves people and goods worldwide – be it transport routes, distribution centers or private and public transport.
- Scepter Air: Provides actionable air pollution information to those who need to understand air quality including businesses, consumers and government agencies.
- Signal 360: Advanced mobile marketing targeting and analytics platform that uses patented audio technology as well as Bluetooth Low Energy to help brands reach more customers.
- SKULabs: Allows retailers to manage all of their orders, shipments, and inventory in one place by bringing data from all of their sales channels together.
- Smarking: Business intelligence software designed to optimize the pricing, inventory allocation and management of parking assets.
- SmartAppCity: Brings together all city services in one single app to provide valuable information for citizens, improve their quality of life and generate commerce.
- SparkCognition: Award-winning Artificial Intelligence start-up deploying patented machine learning algorithms to deliver real-time asset failure prediction and next-generation cybersecurity solutions.
- StreetLight Data: The first transportation analytics provider to transform Big Data from mobile devices into actionable insights via an easy-to-use web application.
- Swirl: Beacon-powered, in-store mobile presence marketing platform that helps retailers drive foot traffic, improve conversion rates, grow repeat visits and more.
- Touchrate: Provides supplier, marketer and retailer another marketing channel with touchscreen, beacon and location based solutions for self-help product selection and engagement tools to improve shopper experience in-store.
- truDigital: Digital signage software helps businesses communicate with employees via real-time updates on any screen in commercial offices.
- VoicePark: Provides an integrative platform guiding drivers and autonomous vehicles with precision to the closest available on-street parking spot in real-time.
- Wegowise: Online monitoring and analytics solutions help customers minimize water and energy use to save on monthly utilities.